Chickpeas, otherwise known as Garbanzo Beans are pretty amazing and versatile. You can do many things with them to mimic meat; veggie burgers, fake chicken and I’ve even seen tuna salad made with chickpeas in lieu of tuna. Hummus and falafel’s are basically chickpeas in two completely different forms, both equally delicious.
This BBQ chickpea recipe I found on the amazing food blog edible perspective is kind of genius. I’m not a vegetarian but I might as well be because I rarely eat meat. It’s funny I say that now when in a recent post I ate lots of rosemary-ranch chicken kabobs.
- 3c cooked chickpeas
- 1/3c BBQ sauce
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2T sunflower oil (or other high heat oil)
- black pepper
- 1/8t salt
- Preheat your grill med-high or your oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
- On a baking sheet, spread chickpeas in a single layer.
- Grill or bake for 30-40min, until blackened + crunchy, tossing 3-4 times.
- Remove from heat + serve.