Strawberry Banana and Peach Chia Seed Smoothie

IMG_6465

I raced home from work yesterday to try and capture my dinner. Yes. I had a smoothie for dinner. Oh and peanut butter and jelly…

It was blueberry jelly so that still makes me an awesome food blogger, right?

I’m literally afraid to eat anything lately so I opted for a smoothie and peanut butter and jelly. I’ve been having a crazy bad case of acid reflux and I am just afraid to eat. I don’t want to make it worse by putting something into my mouth that I shouldn’t. I’ve been avoiding all the foods they say to avoid and I’ve been sleeping on an incline. I’m finally feeling some relief but I am scared that at any moment it will come back after I chew.

I’ve read some extreme cases of people living off of rice for the rest of their lives and I obviously don’t want that to be me. I love to cook, create recipes and be in the kitchen. I most of all love to eat so how absolutely horrible would this be for me?

I drink orange juice every morning —  sometimes coffee instead. I love tomato sauces, peppermint and chocolate; especially peppermint and chocolate combined! Kissing these foods goodbye makes me so sad and angry.

Hoping for the best, acid reflux be damned.

Strawberry Banana and Peach Chia Seed Smoothie

Yield: 2

Prep Time: 5 min

Cook Time: 0 min

Total Time: 5 min

1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp honey

In a blender or food processor, blend the frozen peaches and strawberries.
Add half of the coconunt milk and the banana and pulse until combined. Add the rest of the coconut milk, chia seeds and honey and pulse a few more times.

Pour into two glasses and enjoy!

11 Responses to “Strawberry Banana and Peach Chia Seed Smoothie”

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — January 9, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Well, I will still read your blog even if it’s all peanut butter & jelly and white rice recipes. But I hope it doesn’t come to that! I put chia seeds in juice all the time, but I still haven’t tried them in a smoothie. I need to try it!

• Samantha replied on — January 11th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

white rice recipes…coming up.. just kidding! <3

dixya @ food, pleasure, and health — January 9, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I m sorry that you had to cut down some of your fav food coz of reflux 🙁 hope you feel better. That smoothie looks so good. I have never tried chia seeds in smoothie before- thanks for the idea will have to do soon 🙂

• Samantha replied on — January 11th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

JulieD — January 9, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Oh honey! You have going through this and your neck? I’m so sorry!! I need to try chia seeds btw! These smoothies look yummy.

• Samantha replied on — January 11th, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Thanks Julie! My neck is feeling much better! Hope you are doing much better!

Hannah @ Treasuring It Up — January 21, 2013 at 1:57 pm

I just found this on Pinterest. Yummy! I purchased some chia seeds and I’m excited to use them. What a great website!

For your reflux, this may seem weird but have you tried drinking baking soda during an attack? Putting about 1/4 tsp or so in a cup of water has helped my acid reflux in the past (it will make you burp, just a warning – ha!) Also, a Tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar in the morning mixed with honey and water. I like it hot 🙂 That will help balance your stomache’s pH. It seems weird to fight acid with acid but reflux can actually indicate to little acid. Hope that helps and you can eat all your yummy foods soon!

Best, Hannah

• Samantha replied on — January 22nd, 2013 at 8:07 am

Thanks Hannah for your suggestions. I think I’ll try the apple cider vinegar one! 🙂 🙂

AnnaLaura Brown — January 25, 2013 at 10:21 pm

It looks really yummy. Peaches are expensive right now so I’ll have to see if I can find any that aren’t too outrageous and I’ll give it a try. I already have some chia seeds in my cupboard. By the way peppermint can help with heartburn.

1. Pingback: Snoskred – Life in the Country » And It Begins