Homemade Whipped Cream

Homemade Whipped Cream | Recipe from Sweet-Remedy.com

Making whipped cream at home truly couldn’t be easier. While it is just as easy to pick up a can of aerosol whipped cream or a tub of cool whip, you can really tell the difference with this homemade version.

I know that using a tub of cool whip or a can of rediwhip is super easy. I’m definitely guilty of using those products from time to time. I tend to gravitate more towards homemade versions but I’m not ashamed to say that I’m not perfect.

These products are everywhere now so it might not even occur to people that they can make it at home with just two ingredients. Of course you can add in other things like cinnamon, chocolate or lemon. Let the whipped cream be your canvas…or something like that.

You can use a batch of whipped cream in a variety of ways. I tend to dip fruit in it and use it as a topping on pancakes, French toast and desserts. I also use it in a family recipe for Creamy Chocolate Fondue Dip that calls for cool whip.

Homemade Whipped Cream

Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make, after you do it once you won't ever want to buy it again! It's perfect for dipping fruit or dolloping on desserts.

Yield: 1 large batch

Prep Time: 05 min

Cook Time: 00 min

Total Time: 05 min

2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp unrefined cane sugar

Pour the heavy cream into a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar and with a hand mixer, whip the cream and sugar until light and fluffy. The cream on the beaters will start to form peaks when lifted out of the bowl.

Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use in a recipe or as a topping.

Used in this Recipe:

Related Recipes:

Creamy Chocolate Fondue Dip – Creamy and chocolate filled and perfect for dipping fruit or pound cake into. In this recipe I used the homemade whipped cream recipe found here in place of cool whip.

Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.

Looking for more? Subscribe via Email. Follow Sweet Remedy on Bloglovin’ or Feedly!

9 Responses to “Homemade Whipped Cream”

Jennifer — May 15, 2014 at 8:22 am

I’ve never used lemon.. But cinnamon is always a good additive! I’ve also used vanilla and almond extract and nutmeg or cocoa powder for the holidays. Homemade whip cream is the only kind we use in our house! It’s quick and easy and requires few ingredients.

• Samantha Seeley replied on — May 15th, 2014 at 12:30 pm

The great thing about whipped cream is you can put whatever you want in it! Hooray creativity!

Anne S — May 28, 2014 at 10:39 am

I was like: What? Recipe for home made whipped cream? In Norway “everyone” are making whipped cream from scratch. Boxes with whipped cream exist, but they are only used exeptionally. The national cake in Norway is a multilayered sponge with whipped cream and berries (aka Bløtkake). You can not make that with cream from a Box.
    Anne S

• Samantha Seeley replied on — May 30th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I wish that was the case here in the US! Whipped cream is most found in a can or a round tub. :(

Gail — May 28, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Doesn’t the lemon juice curdle the cream?

Try using powedered sugar to make the cream stiffer.

• Samantha Seeley replied on — May 30th, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I haven’t had any issues with the lemon juice curdling the cream but I understand where you are coming from. I know a few others who make it like this. You can leave it out and it would be fine, or add vanilla.

I originally made it with powdered sugar and I recently switched to unrefined granulated sugar so that is what I used here. I didn’t notice a difference between the two sugars myself but I’m sure that there is one. Thanks for your comment!

Anne S — May 30, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Well, anyway here is a recipe for Norwegian Bløtkake (in English). The blogger lives in Seattle. Perhaps whipped cream is more common there, where there are more people of Scandinavian heritage? http://www.outside-oslo.com/2013/06/14/celebrating-with-norwegian-blotkake/

All families have their own variant of Bløtkake, because as you say, whipped cream can be combined with a large variety of marmelade, fruit, liquor, chocolate, you name it.

1. Pingback: Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes » Sweet Remedy