Sweet Potato Custard (Gluten Free!)
This Sweet Potato Custard is crustless so it is naturally gluten free. The whipped cream is homemade and the best whipped cream I’ve ever tasted! If you need to be dairy free, feel free to substitute Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream which is just as good.
This recipe is naturally gluten free as it is just full of sweet potato goodness and no crust. Although, I do make a wicked good gluten free pie crust so if you need a pie… no worries. It is coming.
Mix all of the ingredients together, bake at 350 degrees, cool and pipe some homemade whipped cream on top. If you’re feeling fancy sprinkle some ground cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Boom. Dessert is served.
If you’re not feeling fancy, no worries. Just grab a spoon and dig in. This Sweet Potato Custard waits for no one.
This recipe makes 2-4 individual servings depending on the size of your ramekins or baking dishes. Use larger dishes for 2 servings and smaller ramekins for 4 servings.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour
2 sweet potatoes, cooked
1 cup half and half
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
prepared homemade whipped cream
pinch of cinnamon + nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the sweet potato puree and half and half. Whisk in the eggs, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fill 2 small baking dishes with the sweet potato mixture and place in a deeper baking dish. Put hot water in the deep baking dish so that it surrounds the smaller baking dishes. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While baking, fit a plastic piping bags with your choice of frosting tips. Or cut a hole in the corner of a plastic ziplock bag.
- Fill the bag with the homemade whipped cream and set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove the sweet potato custard from the oven and let cool completely.
- Top with the homemade whipped cream. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
More whole grain, gluten free, vegan and other alternative baking recipes (similar to this gluten free sweet potato custard) on the way so make sure you subscribe via Email or follow Sweet Remedy on Bloglovin’ or Feedly!
More gluten free recipes on Pinterest: